Still in high school?
Are you interested taking a first year course at VIU?
Are you interested in starting training in a Trade? in the Health sector? in Human services?
In partnership with your School District, our Dual Credit program can give you the chance to be VIU student while still in high school and get a head start on coursework and training.
You can take a course or one of our certificate programs either at our Cowichan campus or at our Nanaimo campus!
Take a few university courses - get dual credits!
Take a certificate program in Trades or in Health Sciences and Human Services - get dual credits and get a certificate!
What does dual credit mean?
It means the credits you earn in a VIU course or certificate program go directly onto both your high school transcript and your VIU transcript.
What Trades or Health programs can you take in Cowichan?
Check it out and explore the following links:
- Talk to your parents!
- Meet with your High School Counsellor
- find out if your School District will fund you for a course or program
- If the answer is "Yes!" plan your course selection to make sure you meet course prerequisites and/or Admission requirements required for a VIU course or program
- With your High School Counsellor go over information found under Dual Credit info for high schools
- Ready to apply? Contact Career Education SD 79
- More questions? Contact our Student Support Services Cowichan team or Educational Advisor Miranda Conlin
Plan ahead and start your Post Secondary education and training early!